Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Nobody Chronicles: Chapter Three (part one)

      As I sat through the rest of my morning classes, wishing I could do that thing they do in sitcoms where the clock hands move super fast and everyone taps their toes in anticipation of the bell, I couldn’t help but wonder if he had texted me yet, and of course, where the heck my freaking phone was. I mean, I knew I had it in the morning, before the fall, so I figured it must be in the nurse’s office. Of course, the prospect of having to go back into that room and converse with the evil witch that lives there was anything but appealing, even to talk to him.
       Okay, okay. I guess that isn’t entirely true. I mean, I’d probably travel through the 9 layers of hell (or however many that Dante guy talked about) just for one hello from the guy, but whatever, I’m attempting to appear less desperate. My “best friend” Deanna keeps trying to tell me that “love’s gonna come when I least expect” or some cliché crap like that and I keep telling her that, that may be, but I’m always gonna be looking for it so it better be coming when I expect it also or I’m totally screwed.
       Oh yeah, just to clarify, I like to call Deanna my best friend, but sometimes it’s hard to tell. I mean, we hang out a lot, and we get along really well, and I think she likes me and all that jazz, but she is sorta popular and sometimes she ditches me, I wanna believe unintentionally, to hang out with the cool crew. I try not to put too much pressure on the relationship, cause like, I kinda need her and stuff, but sometimes I feel like I let her use me when she has nobody better to hang out with.
       Like, Deanna is the type of girl who seems to just get the things that she wants. You know the type. The girl that doesn’t study before a test and still gets a better grade than you, or buys one raffle ticket and wins when you spent two months allowance buying as many tickets as you could, or borrows your clothes and gets a million and twelve compliments even though nobody even noticed you when you wore it. Yeah, she’s that girl.
       I guess I should feel grateful or whatever that we’ve stayed friends, since she obviously is way too cool for me. Truth is though, it wasn’t always like that, like back in middle school Deanna was just as big a nobody as me. But then, when we started high school, she got into all this music stuff cause she has a rock star voice and then, abra cadabra, suddenly everybody wanted to be her friend.
       It’s not like I’m not happy for her, though. Like, I really do think she is fabulous, and I love that people are finally noticing her cause she really does have an incredible voice, like a cross between Adele and Christina in a Taylor Swift body. I guess, if I’m being totally honest with myself, I’m just really jealous of her. I mean, she found herself, you know? She found her place in high school and probably the world, and I’m still like floating through the world kinda half-assing it through everything I do and nowhere close to finding out who the hell I’m gonna be. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting more often! Are we going to get some xoxo E blogs too?

    ReplyDelete