Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Nobody Chronicles: Chapter Four (part one)

      School dragged on for what seemed like ages, especially because I hadn’t received any sort of response from him and I was beginning to think that Deanna had officially made me look like a major idiot in front of him. Not that I really shoulda expected something, since it wasn’t like he was gonna ditch 5th and 6th period to go call his mom so he could text me back about doing costumes for elementary school kids. But whatever, I’ve already made it pretty darn clear that I’m not a very rational person, so I spent the rest of the day feeling slightly sick and checking my phone like I was waiting to win a radio sweepstakes contest.
       Seriously, instead of focusing on American History or Environmental Science or whatever classes I was in after lunch, I kept imagining how he would react to Deanna’s text message. I mean, would he think the winky face was too forward? What if he thought I was strange and he never texted me back? Like, maybe this was all a sick joke and he's gonna just print out my response and post it around school so that everyone can see how pathetically in love with him I am!
      Literally shaking with anxiety about my future with him and pretty much convinced that my one text had ruined any chance I might have, by some miracle, had, I decided to skip rehearsal and just go home. Of course, me ditching rehearsal wasn’t that big of a deal since tech crew didn’t actually have to show up until the week before the show, but I like to go before then because it’s not like I have anything better to do. Besides, it makes me feel sorta special to have somewhere to go after school. You know, like I belong to something that the rest of the student body, rushing off to their cars as soon as the last bell rings, doesn’t get to be a part of? I mean, I guess it’s pretty pathetic cause I mostly just sit in the back of the theatre doing homework or fantasizing about something miraculous happening to me, but the truth is, who really cares.

1 comment: