Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Impressions


            I guess I probably should have found some way to start this thing off by being overwhelmingly profound or witty or something else relatively exciting, but its too late to worry about that now. The truth is, this strikingly un-extraordinary way of introducing myself is exactly the sort of stylistic choice that, when looking back on it, appears exceptionally perfect and clever. In fact, years from now, when I’m inevitably famous (joke!) scholars will reflect on this Blog, infusing it with off-base metaphors in the hopes of drudging up some hidden symbolisms that will inadvertently cloud the true meaning in a shroud of some vastly more intelligent one. Not that I wouldn’t love for everyone who reads this to instantly pass it on to their 800 Facebook “friends” with taglines that glorify me vastly beyond my capabilities (you know a total Stephanie Meyer reality) but, this is not a Blog about the fantastical (or the incredibly stupid). Instead, I seek only to engage those of you who feel unseen in a world full of too many faces, who feel stranded on an island in the midst of a great city, who feel forgotten amongst the blurred outlines of a reality that has fallen short of fantasy one too many times, or who feel sick and tired of feeling so damn pathetic every time they flip on the TV or open a book.
            From here on out, I will transcribe the comings and goings of a life, whether mine or someone else’s I cannot say for certain, however, the honesty of the story is truly inconsequential. This story, whether true or fictional or a tiny sliver of both, will seek to examine the life of a girl, who, is in all ways nothing special. This is not some Disney Channel movie, where the blissfully innocent, and yet breathtakingly gorgeous, awkward girl falls for the popular and handsome star quarterback. Rather, this is a glimpse at real life, at real people, in essence, at reality, or at least at some shade of reality that is far less bright than the one depicted in movies and television shows.
            Now, it is completely fair of you (my soon to be devoted audience) to have some doubts about my presumed ability to illuminate the mundane instances of life in such a way that will remind you just how mundane and yet perfect those moments are. Truth be told, I too share your doubts. However, it is those doubts that provide the inspiration, which guides my pen (well actually my well-placed fingers on the home keys) to spell out the world according to me, just another nobody.
           
                        XOXO
                                    E

No comments:

Post a Comment